Concatenating Upwave Tags with DCM 1x1s
Sometimes, partners have a limited number of slots available for implementation tags. One way to resolve this issue is to 'concatenate' the tag, which wraps the tag in a DCM 1x1 for implementation.
Please note that this will results in the Upwave tag firing after the DCM redirect, which could result in larger impression discrepancies.
- Navigate to the Tag Management page your campaign.
- Generate and download your Upwave Tag(s) to your desktop.
- Below is an example of what an Upwave tag looks like; this example is for Google AM360 (previously knows as DFP), which includes that ad server's default macros for Creative ID, Placement ID and Site ID in order:
- Your tag(s) will looks similar - but will use a unique EID value, various macros based on the ad server in which the tag was generated for, and hardcoded PIDs if you're using the CM360-integration.
- Once you've download your tag(s), open your file and identify the tag(s) that need to be concatenated.
- To concatenate a tag:
- Copy/paste your tag into a Text Editor.
- Underneath that, extract the URL only from the Upwave tag.
- Underneath that, copy/paste your DCM 1x1 for that placement.
- Now, we have the values we need to concatenate the tag! Copy the Upwave URL, and paste it after the question mark in the 1x1 but before the closing quotes.
- Below is a summary of what this full process looks like:
- Complete these steps for each Upwave tag you'd like to concatenate.